Translate

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Better to shut up ?

IslandConnections.eu reported the following amazing story of Spanish arbitrary police:
Driver fined for 'talking too much' to passenger
A driver from Gran Canaria hit the headlines here and elsewhere over the week-end for receiving a fine for a bizarre reason. 
A photo of the traffic summons posted by Cadena Ser radio on its website
A photo of the traffic summons posted by Cadena Ser radio on its website
Agaete - 16.12.2013 - The 41-year-old van driver has been doing the rounds of TV and radio since Friday when he was pulled over and handed a summons because Civil Guard traffic branch officers considered that he was "talking to his passenger too much" to be able to concentrate on the road ahead. "I was stunned when I was stopped and I honestly thought someone was playing a joke on me. I did admit to talking to my van mate but I was doing what we all do when driving" said the flabbergasted driver, who has until 2 January to decide whether to admit the offence and pay the fine, in which case he will receive a 50% discount.

No comments :